During cremation, the body is reduced to its most basic constituents. Following cremation in Hayward, you have the option to bury, scatter, or memorialize your loved one’s ashes in a personal container or memorial park. Chapel of the Chimes Hayward offers a variety of personalized cremation services in addition to our other funeral services in Hayward, including funeral planning and pre-planning options.
Reasons to Choose Cremation
Cremation offers a flexible option for families to commemorate a loved one’s life in the way that they feel is best. There are many reasons individuals and families choose cremation services as part of the memorialization process.
- Cremation offers a memorialization option with a smaller environmental impact than traditional burial. When you choose cremation, no embalming chemicals or casket are necessary, reducing the use of natural resources and preventing harmful chemicals from potentially leaching back into the environment.
- Unlike burial, cremated remains can be kept in a memorial container and transported from place to place. Families who don’t plan to remain in one area indefinitely often choose cremation to avoid the need to travel long distances to visit their loved one’s memorial.
- Cremation is a personal choice. Some individuals simply don’t wish to be buried, or have very specific desires about where they wish to be laid to rest. Cremation accommodates these needs by offering many alternatives to burial and allowing families to scatter their loved one’s ashes in the location of their choosing.
- Depending upon your needs, choosing cremation services can be a lower-cost alternative to traditional burial services. Eliminating costs such as a casket and burial plot may help you to plan the memorialization service you want on a budget that is more comfortable for you and your needs.
The cremation process begins with transporting your loved one to a crematorium, where the body is exposed to intense heat, dehydration, and other mechanical processes inside a cremation chamber. During this process, the body is reduced to its constituent elements, resulting in three to seven pounds of bone fragments and ash. Depending upon your preferences, you and your family may be present during this two- to three-hour process if you wish. After cremation, the remains are placed in either a container you have chosen, or a temporary container of plastic or cardboard. You and your family can choose any type of memorial service for your loved one, including a funeral mass, burial or entombment service, or scattering ceremony. If you have questions about cremation or burial in Hayward, please call Chapel of the Chimes Hayward at (510) 400-4442 for personalized assistance with funeral planning, cremation services, and more.
- Helping Your Child Deal with Grief
- Ching Ming Saturday March 30th and Sunday March 31st at Chapel of the Chimes Hayward
- Above Ground Entombment Options at Chapel of the Chimes
- Understand the Symbolism Behind Some Commonly Selected Funeral Flowers
- Why Guilt Is a Common Part of Grieving and What You Can Do About It