Discussing Your Funeral Wishes with Your Spouse
If you are pre-planning funeral services, then discussing your plan with your loved ones will be an important part of the process. Although bringing up the topic of your funeral with your spouse may not be an easy conversation, it is one that could save your spouse a significant amount of stress after you are gone.
If you want to talk about funeral pre-planning with your spouse, choose a time and place where you can focus on each other, without distractions. Know what you want to say about your funeral plan, and be prepared to explain your preferences to your spouse about everything from your choice between cremation and burial to your readings and music. Ensure that your spouse knows the extent of your plans and where to find them when you’re gone, so that he or she can simply request that the funeral home puts them into action.
Chapel of the Chimes Hayward can help you with all aspects of funeral pre-planning . To get started, call our funeral home today at (510) 400-4442.
- What to Expect When You Attend a Muslim Funeral
- Quote of the Week: “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” -Robert Louis Stevenson
- The Benefits of Funeral Pre-Planning
- Finding the Right Flowers for a Grieving Loved One
- Chapel of the Chimes Debuts Bay Area’s First Witness Crematory