Explore These Resources For A Look At Funeral Traditions In Other Cultures
Funeral traditions vary widely throughout the world, but all of them carry the same purpose: to honor the memory of the deceased. For more on diverse funeral traditions, look to the following resources.
- Mausoleums have been used throughout history to honor the deceased with permanent, elegant structures. Click on this link to learn more about the world’s most famous mausoleum, the Taj Mahal .
- The Encyclopedia Britannica has more information on the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus , one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
- Firmly ingrained in the American funerary tradition, modern-day bagpipes originated in Irish and Scottish folk music. Learn the history of bagpipes at Bagpipes.co.uk.
- Familiarize yourself with ways to care for a grieving friend with this useful guide from Psychology Today.
- Music is an central component of funerals across cultural traditions. Learn some of the most common funeral songs and hymns by reading this article from the Co-Operative Funeral Care.
Chapel of the Chimes provides end-of-life services according to the ethnic and cultural traditions of the diverse families of the East Bay. Call (510) 471-3363 or visit us online to find out more about how we can help you and your family.