Have you found our recent blog posts to be helpful? To learn more about providing support to a loved one who is in mourning or making arrangements to scatter a loved one’s cremated remains on California soil (or in the Pacific Ocean), visit the links below. To speak with the director of a funeral home who serves East Bay residents of all cultures and backgrounds, call Chapel of the Chimes in Hayward at (866) 475-9407.
· For helpful advice on supporting friends and family members who are grieving the loss of a loved one, visit HelpGuide.org.
· This Wall Street Journal article discusses the scattering of cremated remains in various environments throughout the United States.
· The more you understand about the grieving process, the better you will be able to support a loved one who is coping with a loss. Read about the five commonly accepted stages of grief and loss first proposed by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross in this PsychCentral.com article.
· Find out more about the process involved in obtaining a permit for the scattering of a loved one’s cremated remains in California at the Cemetery and Funeral Bureau’s website.
· Learn more about sea burials and regulations pertaining to them at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s website.